Friday, July 23, 2010

Pre-orientation

That's right, it's PRE-orientation. Which is basically the orientation for orientation: they told us the schedule, my brain fell asleep (it was actually helpful living tips for Japan), and then they gave us food. This was the rough schedule:

3:00 - Check in (if you were staying at the hotel)
3:30 - Mingle
4:00-6:00 - zzzzzz
6:00-7:30 - omnomnomnomnom

Of course, in typical Nick Chan fashion I was 20 minutes late to the mingling because the airport shuttle to the hotel didn't come for half an hour. But whatever, because I made up for it by staying till 9! I met some pretty cool people at pre-orientation, and even though none of us are going to the same place, it's good to meet friends so that I'll have a place to stay when I go sightseeing up north.

Incidentally, I may have given one of the guys there a Southern food craving (already). We were talking about last minute chores and I said I was glad to have gotten in one last southern meal in Durham. The guy had an "oh crap" look on his face and promptly left to get, I presume, fried chicken and mash somewhere in town. Anyways, I went up and hung out with some of the girls after the free food, which was a lot of fun :D Alicia went to UNC, so I burned her Tar Hole bag. Obviously.

It then took me a whole hour to get back into Midtown because the Marta was being stupid (NEVER cancel two trains in a row, you get angry customers). Mike, meanwhile, had been hanging out with his high school buddy Nathan, so we just chilled, had some beers, and got breakfast at 1.

MLIB.

Especially because I got Southern Fried Steak. It was chill.

So now to packing for my flight tomorrow. I have NO IDEA why they want to meet at 6am at the airport, but orders are orders. See you all in Japan!

No comments:

Post a Comment